See the Sights – Join Your Friends
Join the Hackworths, Bruce Mofford, Vance Weir & Susan Reichardt, the Sommars’, Stevens’, Varas, Webers and Weeks as they tour…..
GRAND CANYON & Surrounding Area
Late Breaking Development: a Lake Powell area boat tour has been added. It is one hour ride to have a look at Antelope Canyon. If you would like to go, you need to reserve in advance and in order to do that please send an email to Vickie of your intentions to go and mail her a check for $ 56.00 for two people. Please ensure she receives the check no later than Friday March 31 but email notification earlier is appreciated.
Don’t Jump, Ray!
The trip is “flexible” with 3 to 5 nights
Depart Thursday April 6.
Meet at IHOP, 1688 N Perris Blvd,
Suite J in Perris
at Nuevo). Meet at 0930 for a 1000
Drive to Lake Havasu, AZ, where we
spend the night at the London
Bridge Resort. Some may want to skip this
stopover and drive straight to Flagstaff.
Friday April 7, drive from Lake Havasu to
Flagstaff, AZ where we will spend three
nights total: hotel Courtyard Flagstaff by
Marriott. Our special COTV rate is $ 109
plus tax, including breakfast (super deal).
Saturday April 8, drive to Williams and
take the 9:30 am Grand Canyon Railway.
Spend the day in Grand Canyon area.
Tickets per person, round trip:
Pullman $ 65.00 – Coach $ 79.00
First Class $ 152.00
(Hans & Alma are going Coach,
but make your own selection.)
Take the 3:30 pm train from Grand Canyon
back to Williams & drive back to Flagstaff.
When you go to the Grand Canyon train website to purchase the train ticket you will see a space for AAA or AARP discount plus you can avoid the $ 30 National Park fee by using your senior pass ……….
Sunday April 9 whole day trip to explore
the beautiful scenery along Highway 89A
North to Page AZ and explore Glen dam
(Lake Powell), Horse Shoe Bend and
Antelope Lower Canyon.
Monday April 10 take a leisurely drive
Sedona-Jerome-Prescott (highway 89A)
and spend the night Monday in Wickenburg
on Highway 60.
Tuesday April 11 drive home after breakfast
at the Horseshoe Café in Wickenburg (best
breakfast in Arizona in the opinion of at
least 8 people).
To reduce to only 3 overnight stays you could
skip Lake Havasu and Wickenburg hotels,
but will have two very long driving days
Please indicate your interest in joining
us and email
or call 619 5184091
Details are Below
Thursday April 6
1. Travel from Perris to N. Palm Springs, about 60 miles, one hour. Rest break at Denny’s 63690 20th off the 10 in N. Palm Springs
2. N. Palm Springs to Blythe, about 120 miles, two hours. Stop for Lunch at Sizzler or Steak’ n Cakes by splitting into two groups
3. Continue 10 East to Quartzsite; take the 95 North to Parker, AZ
4. Blythe, Ca to Parker, AZ; rest break at Walmart Super Center parking lot off the 95, Riverside Drive in Parker; about 50 miles, one hour
5. Parker to Lake Havasu, about 40 miles, 50 minutes
6. Hotel check in London Bridge Resort; dinner at The Grill at Martini Bay within the resort or Mario’s 350 London Bridge Road Lake Havasu for Italian 928-854-3223; your preference
Friday April 7
Leave hotel at 9:30 am
1. Lake Havasu to Kingman, 60 miles. Take 95 north to the 40; go east
2. Follow the 40 to about 5 miles before McConnico and take Route 66 turnoff to Kingman
3. In Kingman visit the Arizona Route 66 museum 120 W Andy Devine Ave
4. From Kingman follow the 66 to Peach Springs to Seligman; 80 miles
5. Lunch in Seligman at Roadkill Café and OK Saloon 22830 W. Pine Street; Visit Return to the 50’s museum and Historic Seligman Sundries; 22325 and22405 Route 66
6. Seligman to Williams; 45 miles; drive through Williams “downtown”
7. Williams to Flagstaff; 40 miles. Check in at Courtyard Marriott, Flagstaff
8. Dinner at Black Barts 2760 E.Butler Ave 928-779 3142
Saturday April 8
Leave hotel at 8:00; Need to be at Railroad station by 9:00 am;train departs at 9:30am.Spend the day in Grand Canyon South Rim; train returns at 3:30pm. Dinner in Williams with two suggested choices 1) Pine Country 107 N. Grand Canyon Rd 928-635 9718 walking from the railroad station 2) Kicks on Route 66 2550 Route 66 (requires driving 1 mile)
Sunday April 9
Leave hotel at 9:30 for road trip to Page and surrounding area; 135 miles, one way. Follow 89 North; about 15 miles north of Flagstaff turn on Loop Road to take a look at Sunset Volcano Nat Monument; Return back to Highway 89 and continue North for stopover at Cameron Trading Post. At Bitter Springs follow the 89 to Page; Before Page visit Horse Shoe Bend. ETA in Page 1- 2:00 pm
Lunch in Page at Ranch House Grille 819 N. Navajo Rd 928 645 1420
After lunch visit Glen Canyon Dam; then follow the 89 to Big Water to Fredonia; near Fredonia take the 89A to Jacob Lake and on to Marble Canyon; visit Lee Ferry.
Drive back to hotel
Monday April 10
Check out of hotel and leave at 9:30am.Follow the 89 South to Sedona
Continue on the 89 S to Cottonwood.Continue on the 89 S to Jerome; r
Continue on the 89S to Prescott. Lunch in Jerome at High Mile Grille 309 Main 9238 634 5094 OR Prescott at El Gato Azul 316 W. Goodwin 928 445 1070
Continue on the 89 to Wickenburg; check in at hotel
Tuesday April 11
Breakfast at the Horseshoe Café in Wickenburg or hotel; after Breakfast we drive home; 315 miles to Temecula